Thank you for visiting my website. As a licensed psychologist who has served clients in the Denver area for more than 15 years, I would be honored to help you navigate through complex emotional experiences with empathy, respect and understanding.
Over the course of my career, I have worked in a variety of settings, including community mental health facilities, college counseling centers, the Veterans Administration hospital, and an integrated family medicine practice.
These experiences have led me to believe that the relationship between a client and therapist is paramount. Together, we will create a useful strategy to target problematic areas of your life and build upon your personal strengths to create meaningful change.
As a lifelong learner, I continue to hone my craft. While I have a Ph.D. and Master’s Degree from the University of Denver, I strongly believe that we all continue to learn from our experiences, which is the foundation of personal growth and development.
When I’m not working, you can find me driving my kids around town, exercising, skiing, on a date with my husband, or at the park with my sweet dog, Sigmund.
CREDENTIALS & EDUCATION
- Ph.D. Counseling Psychology – University of Denver (2008)
- Dissertation Title: Self-forgiveness in Psychotherapy: A qualitative analysis
- Master of Arts – Counseling Psychology – University of Denver (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts – Art History – University of Colorado, Boulder (1997)
Completed advanced trainings in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP), Compassion-focused Therapy (CFT), Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Adjunct Professor (2009-2013) – Counseling Psychology – University of Denver
- Adjunct Professor (2008-2010) – Counseling Psychology – Regis University
- Member – American Psychological Association
- Member – Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Member – International Positive Psychology Association
Schedule your consultation
Click here to schedule a free, initial 15-minute phone consultation.